When it comes to your growing family, the more resources and guidance, the better! Marvell offers a wide variety of services that can benefit you and your growing family.
There are lots of different ways to start a family - and Marvell wants to help your family grow.
Cost varies by carrier; please review the Summary Plan Document for each medical plan, available under the Resources page. As a high-level overview:
- Marvell's Anthem cover up to 2 cycles of treatment, plus a $10,000 lifetime maximum on prescriptions. There is no requirement for an infertility diagnosis to receive fertility assistance. Review this flyer for more information.
- Marvell’s Kaiser Plan covers up to 2 cycles of treatment. See Kaiser's IVF page for more information.
- Marvell's Tufts Plan covers for up to 6 cycles (applicable member cost share applies).
Adoption and Surrogacy Benefit
Adoption Reimbursement Program
- Marvell offers a reimbursement up to $10,000 toward expenses you and your family may incur when welcoming a new child to the family via adoption, or when you and your family use a surrogate to carry a child. The full policy and reimbursement form can be found on HR ServiceNow.
- Marvell employees who are growing their families via adoption will be eligible for up to $10,000 in reimbursements for each child adopted. There is no annual or lifetime limit, and these reimbursements are tax-free per IRS Code 137.
Surrogacy Reimbursement Program
- Marvell employees who are growing their families via surrogacy will be eligible for up to $10,000 in reimbursements per year. There is no lifetime limit. Surrogacy reimbursements are considered taxable income per IRS Code 137, and will be taxed accordingly.
All prenatal appointments are free with each medical plan; applicable cost sharing applies for ultrasounds, lab tests and other medical services or prescriptions under each plan.
- 2nd.MD - Facts About Fertility: Planning for a Family (on-demand webinar)
Time off to bond with a new born, adopted child, or child placed in your care is important, which is why Marvell provides up to 12 weeks of paid time off* to care for and bond with a new child. Create an HR ServiceNow ticket (Category: Benefits) at least 30 days in advance of your time off to schedule a meeting with the Leave of Absence Specialist. During the meeting, the Leave of Absence Coordinator will provide you with an overview of the leave process, answer your questions, and provide you with a Marvell Baby Onesie. Post a photo of your Marvell Baby on the #marvell-brand Slack channel!
*Eligibility requirements for the 12 weeks of paid leave can be found in the Leave of Absence Guides and the U.S. Employee Handbook on HR ServiceNow.
At least three months prior to your due date, please create an HR ServiceNow ticket (Category: Benefits) to schedule a time to meet with the Leave of Absence Coordinator to talk about your time off options. After the disability portion of the leave, you are eligible for 12 weeks of paid time off to bond with baby within a 12-month period (before baby turns 1).
Create an HR ServiceNow ticket (Category: Benefits) at least one month prior to the baby's due date to meet with the Leave of Absence Coordinator and talk about time off options. The non-birthing parent is eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid time off to bond with baby within a 12-month period (before baby turns 1).
Flexible Return to Work Program After Bonding Leave
Employees who are returning to work from their first instance of Bonding Leave following the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a child in their care have the option to return to work at a reduced work schedule, working a minimum of 20 hours per week, for up to 4 consecutive weeks. The employee will be paid their full wages and remain eligible for all benefits as a full-time employee. For employees who elect to take Bonding Leave in non-consecutive increments (e.g., the employee takes 8 weeks of Bonding Leave immediately after the child’s birth, and 4 weeks of Bonding Leave when the child is six months old), this benefit applies only when returning to work from the first instance of Bonding Leave. Full-time U.S. employees (exempt, non-exempt) working at least 30 hours per week are eligible for this program. Interns are not eligible to participate in this program. Please review the full policy in the U.S. Employee Handbook.
How to apply:
Step 1: At least four weeks prior to the end of Bonding Leave, discuss your return to work plan with your manager.
Step 2: All employees (exempt and non-exempt) must submit a Request for the Flexible Return to Work Program through Workday:
- Log into Workday and click on “Menu”, select “Employee Custom Requests” then “Flexible Return to Work Program After Bonding Leave”.
- Select the start and end date that you will be on a flexible schedule.
- Your request will be sent to your manager for approval.
Step 3: For Non-exempt (hourly) employees only: Log any time off that you take under this program on your timecard in Workday.
You will have 31 days from the date your baby is born to add baby to your insurance plans as well as add or increase a Health Care FSA election.
Steps for Adding Baby to Marvell Benefits
Once baby is born go to the Benefits Enrollment Site , click on Family Status Change, and follow the steps outlined to update your benefits.
Note: Your benefit changes will not be approved until you provide proof documentation of your baby's birth. Email the proof documentation (copy of birth record from hospital is sufficient) to Marvell's benefits administrator, McGriff, at
If you are on the Anthem Exclusive, Preferred or High Deductible Plan you will be responsible for paying a percentage of the cost for prenatal and post-delivery tests and procedures, as well as for the delivery and any additional services beyond routine post-delivery and newborn baby care. Remember that under the Anthem Exclusive or Preferred Plans you are protected by a $2,000 Out-of-Pocket maximum per person for medical services incurred each year; the High Deductible plans has a $5,000 Out-of-Pocket maximum.
If you are on the Kaiser Plan (available to employees in California) then your prenatal appointments and lab tests are covered 100% by insurance (no copayment) and you are responsible for paying a $200 copayment per admission into the hospital.
Employees receive a free 6-month infant safe sleep bassinet rental, SNOO by Happiest Baby. The newborn phase is hard, but we hope that SNOO will help employees rest easier knowing their baby is safely resting on its back.
Boosts Sleep, Calms Crying Quickly
- On average, SNOO boosts sleep 1 – 2+ hours with the soothing shushing and gentle rocking that babies loved in the womb.
Keeps Your Baby Safer
- SNOO is the only bassinet that secures your baby safely on the back, as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- The FDA has authorized the SNOO Smart Sleeper as a medical device—naming it as the first product to effectively keep babies on their back when sleeping. Infants who sleep on their back have a lower risk of death from SIDS and SUID.
- Early studies support SNOO may also reduce post-partum depression in parents of newborns.
Learn more and request a coupon code for your free 6-month rental by emailing
Marvell employees also receive 10% off any purchases from the Happiest Baby store, including sleep sacks and bassinet leg lifters (to help with reflux). Redeem the coupon code by logging into the Fond discount portal via SSO.
Creating a plan before returning to work can help you feel more confident to return and achieve your goals.
Mother's Room By Office
Find a list of Mothers’ Rooms by office location and view the rules specific to each office, including how to access the rooms, reserve your time in a room, and best practices for the rooms. Submit a ticket in HR ServiceNow (category: Benefits) to learn more.
|Santa Clara, CA||Irvine, CA||Westlake Village, CA|
|Chandler, AZ||Boise, ID||Westborough, MA|
|Minnetonka, MN||Rochester, MN||Morrisville, NC|
|Austin, TX||Burlington, VT||East Fishkill, NY|
Thinking about childcare while expecting can seem overwhelming, but it’s an important step in ensuring your success when returning to work.
- Care.com Membership: All employees have access to a free premium Care.com membership to help you find and vet childcare – nannies, babysitters, home daycares and daycare centers. Use your Care.com membership to help you also find household care – a house cleaner, dog walker, or any other help you may need as a new parent.
- Care.com Tuition Discount: Receive 10% off tuition discount with Learning Care Group, with over 900 early childhood education centers. Learn more here.
- Kinside Childcare Search Tool and Discounts: Through Marvell’s FSA vendor, Navia, you have access to Kinside, a program to help you find local care and compare discounts exclusive to Marvell employees. Learn more here.
- Day Care FSA: Don’t forget that when baby is born or upon returning to work after leave, you may be eligible to add or increase contributions towards a Day Care FSA, where you can put aside pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified childcare.
Sick kids? Mom and dad need help in a pinch? You're covered. Marvell employees have access to 10 backup care days per year to use for child, adult, and/or pet care.
- Request last-minute child care or adult care
- Access to prescreened, qualified caregivers
- Set up in-home help, transportation, and more
Requesting Care is Easy
1. Call Care.com Backup Care at 855-781-1303 or visit http://marvell.care.com/
2. Receive a confirmation from a Care.com Backup Care specialist to tell you about your caregiver and a second confirmation from the caregiver to confirm the details of the job
Backup Care Rates for Marvell Employees
- Child Care (in-home): $8/hour
- Child Care (in-center): $15/day per child
- Adult Care (in-home): $8/hour
Don’t forget to browse through Marvell’s discount vendor, Fond Perks, for deals on subscription services for children’s developmental growth, baby food delivery services, care centers, travel deals for your babymoon, car seats, and if it’s time to upgrade to a car-seat friendly car, even a new car.
All medical plans must cover one breast pump per pregnancy at no cost to the birthing parent.
- Anthem Members: Click here for more information on how to obtain a breast pump from an in-network Anthem provider.
- Kaiser Members: Contact your local Kaiser Health Department to receive your free breast pump and spend a few minutes with a nurse to learn more about breast pumps and breast feeding.
If you choose to purchase an additional breast pump, you can use your Health Care FSA funds.
Kaiser's Pregnancy page offers information on prenatal programs, resources to prepare you week-by-week of your pregnancy for your baby’s arrival, as well as a portal to help you manage your health during pregnancy.
- Sign up to take a tour of the maternity ward at a local Kaiser as well as take classes to help you prepare for every step of the process, from prenatal nutrition to birth plans to newborn care and breastfeeding. You can even take a prenatal yoga class!
- Most Kaiser offices also offer Centering Pregnancy, a unique style of prenatal care in a group format. Ask your Kaiser OB for more information on Centering Pregnancy or visit the Centering Pregnancy page for information about programs in SF Bay Area.
After baby arrives visit the Caring for Baby page for resources to help navigate you through the world of an infant.
Skip the doctor's office - LiveHealth Online lets you talk to providers online by video conference from home or work, no appointments and no wait - available 24/7.
Through LiveHealth Online, doctors can answer questions, make a diagnosis, and even prescribe basic medications when needed. Some of the common uses include: cold and flu symptoms, allergies, sinus infections, UTI, upper respiratory infection, and family medical questions.
Dental Care During Pregnancy & for Newborns
During pregnancy, women can experience changes to their oral health, which can lead to an increased risk in gingivitis and other condition. Oral care is important during pregnancy, which is why you're eligible for one additional free teeth cleaning when you're pregnant (a total of three for the year). Learn more about dental care during pregnancy on Delta Dental's website here.
Newborns should make their first trip to the dentist before their first birthday. Learn more about dental care for your little one here, and learn about the dangers of baby bottle tooth decay here. For more dental resources for newborns, visit Delta Dental's website here.
Vision Care for Newborns
When should your child first see the eye doctor? Review guidelines for infant and early childhood eye exams on VSP's website.
HepB Moms provides evidence-based, targeted, and free resources including online and print HBV information for pregnant women, healthcare and public health professionals, and diagnosis and discharge packets for state and county perinatal hepatitis B prevention coordinators, obstetricians, and birth hospitals.
- Visit the HepB Moms website for informaiton and resources.
Note: HepB Moms was founded in 2010 as part of the US Centers for Disease and Prevention grant entitled Translating Research into the Jade Ribbon Campaign for Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention (1R18PS000830) that was awarded to the Asian Liver Center at Stanford University, Sept 2007-Aug 2010.
You aren't alone - 1 out of every 8 women has postpartum depression (PPD) after giving birth. Some symptoms of PPD include: overwhelming sadness, lack of bonding or attachment to baby, extreme impatience, irritability and anger, oversleeping or under sleeping, and overeating or under eating.
Don't suffer in silence - there are resources available to help you recognize and seek assistance for your feelings after your child's birth. You may also be eligible for additional time off from work plus disability pay - please create a case using the HR ServiceNow for additional information on time off options (your communication will be kept confidential).
- Bereavement Leave: If you have dealt with a loss, you may be eligible for Bereavement Leave (up to 20 days paid time off) or a leave of absence - visit the HR Service Center for more information (your communication will be kept confidential).
- Counseling Services: When you are ready, there are resources to help. Marvell's counseling services through Lyra offers free, confidential counseling sessions for you and your partner.
- 24/7 Help Line: Immediate assistance anytime, anywhere. When you or a loved one needs assistance, having to make and wait on an appointment to talk to someone is the last thing you want to do. When you call Lyra, a Care Navigator is available for you 24/7, every day of the year.
- Additional Resources: Visit the March of Dimes website for additional resources.