PLANNING A TRIP?
Whether you are traveling on company business or for personal reasons we hope you have a safe trip! Please make sure to review the information below before your trip to make sure you are prepared in the event of an emergency.
Do you need a Schengen Visa for your vacation travels? Submit a case online with the HR Service Center and allow for up to 3 business days turnaround for employment verification letters. Please contact your medical insurance provider directly for a certification of international coverage. Note that Marvell's medical plans (Anthem and Kaiser) do not offer repatriation coverage; you will need to purchase a private plan or contact the Travel Assistance Services program offered through Lincoln Financial Group for more information on repatriation services offered.
Travel Vaccines: Most vaccines recommend for international travel are part of the Free Preventive Care provided by your in-network doctor. Prior to your trip, review the vaccines recommended for your country of travel on the CDC Website and talk to your doctor about any additional vaccines you may need. Note that travel clinics are typically out-of-network and charge full cost for vaccines.
Before you travel, visit the BlueCard Worldwide website for information on coverage.
You have coverage for urgent/emergency services when traveling, even if there are no in-network facilities in the area you are traveling to. You may need to pay up front in full for your care then submit a claim for reimbursement to Anthem once you return. You can download an international claim form at www.bcbsglobalcore.com or call Member Services at the number on your ID card.
Coverage Outside Kaiser Areas
- You can also take advantage of a CVS MinuteClinic when traveling outside of a Kaiser area; more information here.
- Is Your Child at College? If your child is going to a college outside of a Kaiser coverage area, they will still have access to urgent and emergency medical care. However, they would need to wait until they visit home and schedule their routine care appointments. View Kaiser’s Travel Coverage info sheet for information on obtaining medical services outside of a coverage area.
Traveling Outside The Country
Before you leave, visit https://www.bcbsglobalcore.com/ to know your care options while abroad.
You will have coverage for urgent and emergency care services. If you are traveling outside a Tufts coverage area and have an urgent care or emergency need, please call the Tufts number listed on the back of your ID card.
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Employees are automatically enrolled in BTA coverage which provides emergency services and financial benefits for losses or injuries incurred while traveling on company business. For more information and policy documents, visit the Business Travel Page on HR Service Center.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage up to 10x’s your annual salary (maximum of $1 million)
- Before you travel, program the membership ID card and phone numbers for the BTA program into your cell phone for easy access
- While traveling, BTA provides help locating health care providers, location of lost items, and immediate care or services in the event of an emergency
Travel Services Offered Through Lincoln Financial Group
Through your life and disability insurance with Lincoln Financial Group, you have free access to Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection Services, including
- Pre-Trip Information: Understand visa and passport requirements, immunization requirements, foreign exchange rates, and embassy or consular referrals
- Emergency Medical Assistance: Medical referrals, monitoring, and evacuation, repatriation, and emergency medical payments
- Emergency Personal Services: Medication and eyeglass prescription assistance, emergency travel arrangements, emergency cash, locating lost items, bail advancement
- ID Theft Assistance: Prevention services, detection services, resolution guidance and assistance, personal services
Download the ID card with contact information for the program when traveling.
What to have ready: Your employer’s name, a phone number where you can be reached, nature of the problem, and your group ID# LFGTravel123.
Have a serious medical emergency? Please obtain emergency medical services first (contact the local “911”), and then contact the 24/7 Global Response Center for assistance.
- Call collect from anywhere in the world: +1 603-328-1955
- Toll-free from the U.S. or Canada: 1-866-525-1955
- You may also email from anywhere in the world to: