SAVE MONEY ON TAXES
Enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to set aside money from your paycheck on a pre-tax basis to help you save money on taxes.
|Health Care FSA||Limited Health Care FSA|
|2023 IRS limits||$3,050||$3,050|
|Eligible expenses||Medical, dental, and vision expenses - full list||Dental and vision expenses only - full list|
|Who can use it?||You, a spouse/domestic partner, eligible children||You, a spouse/domestic partner, eligible children|
|Which medical plan do I have to be enrolled in?||Anthem Exclusive, Anthem Preferred, Kaiser, Tufts, Opt-Out**||Anthem HDHP|
|When can I incur expenses?||January 1 - December 31||January 1 - December 31|
|Is there a rollover or grace period?||No||No|
**Employees who opt-out of Marvell’s insurance may enroll in a Health Care FSA only if they are not enrolled in an HDHP/HSA outside of Marvell
Learn More About About FSA Plans
How Does an FSA Work?
Enrollment: During your New Hire Enrollment, Open Enrollment, or when you are updating your benefits due to a qualifying life event, you will be asked for the amount you would like to contribute towards your Health Care FSA for that calendar year. The amount you choose will be divided by the number of paychecks remaining in the calendar year.
Maximum Contributions: IRS maximums for 2023 are:
- Health Care FSA: $3,050
- Limited Health Care FSA: $3,050
Login to Your Account
You can access your account two ways:
- Okta SSO (preferred method). Upon first login you will be asked to enter your birthday and create a username.
- Create a manual login at www.naviabenefits.com: click on "Register" in the upper-right corner of the screen and select "I'm a participant."
- The 3-character employer code is: MRV.
- Shortly after completing the online form you will receive an email confirmation with a link to create a password.
When You Incur an Expense
Pay for incurred expenses two ways:
- The Navia Benefits Card: Pay using your Navia debit card linked to your FSA account (you will automatically be sent a debit card upon enrollment and may request additional cards via your Navia account).
- Online: Pay out-of-pocket and then submit a claim to be reimbursed through your online account or mobile app, and your reimbursement will be either mailed as check or directly deposited into your bank account.
- Mobile Pay: Navia Mobile Pay is a payment option that allows you to pay for eligible benefit expenses digitally, through your mobile devices. Learn more here.
You must incur all eligible expenses by the end of the plan year (December 31). You will have until March 31 of the following year to submit expenses incurred from January 1 and December 31 for reimbursement. Any money left unspent or unreimbursed in your account after March 31 will be forfeited (no rollover option).
Because the FSA's are “use-it-or-lose-it” it’s important to choose your annual election amount carefully.
Managing Your FSA
Manage your FSA via the Navia website or mobile app. View account balance and transactions, submit claims and receive claim tracking alerts, and edit your account profile.
Use the Navia Benefits Card for a quick and easy way to pay for eligible FSA expenses, such as to make a copayment at a doctor's office, purchase prescriptions at the pharmacy, buy a new pair of glasses, and more! You will receive one card from Navia that will link to your Health Care FSA, Day Care FSA and Commuter Benefit, as applicable.
Why Do You Need It
- Pay eligible FSA expenses directly from your FSA account - just swipe and go
- Avoid the hassle of submitting receipts - most card transactions are automatically verified at checkout
- Enjoy the convenience of smart card functionality - use the same card for your Navia Health Care FSA , Navia Day Care FSA and Navia Commuter Benefits
How Do You Use It
Use your Navia Benefits Card at the doctor, pharmacy, optician, and most general merchandise stores. It's easy - just swipe and go!
The IRS requires that all card purchases are verified as eligible expenses.
Most of your purchases will not require the submission of receipts, such as with copays, prescriptions, and recurring charges that have previously been marked as eligible. However, always keep your receipts just in case you are required to provide verification.
Find more information about using the Navia Benefits Card here.
How Do You Get It
Your card will be mailed to you automatically after you sign up for an FSA during your Open Enrollment period or as a new hire. You can request extra cards for yourself, spouse, or adult children through your online FSA account.
HSA vs FSA - What's the Difference?
When you contribute to a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), the money must be used within the calendar year and does not rollover. You cannot enroll in a Health Care FSA if you are contributing to an HSA. However, you can still enroll in a Day Care FSA and a Limited Health Care FSA if you are contributing to an HSA.
The funds you contribute toward an HSA rollover year to year - the money is yours to invest and grow pre-tax to help save for expenses in retirement. You must be enrolled in the Marvell Anthem High Deductible Plan in order to enroll in the Marvell HSA with Navia.
Learn more about HSA's here.
When to Enroll in FSA vs HSA
Use the chart below to understand which Marvell medical plans can enroll in an FSA or HSA.
|Health Care |
*Employees who opt-out of Marvell’s insurance may enroll in a Health Care FSA only if they are not enrolled in an HDHP/HSA outside of Marvell