UPDATING YOUR MARVELL BENEFITS
You will have 31 days from the date your spouse’s benefits with their previous employer ends to update your Marvell benefits. Your spouse's benefits coverage start date with Marvell will be retroacted back to the date their previous coverage ended so there won't be a gap in coverage. Alternatively, you will have 31 days from the date your spouse starts a new job and is eligible for benefit coverage or gains new health insurance coverage with their existing employer to update your Marvell benefits.
To update your benefits, login to the Benefits Enrollment Portal and click on Change My Benefits > Life Events. The date of the life event should be the date your spouse’s benefits either ended with a previous employer or began with a new employer. After you submit your request, you will receive an email from Marvell's benefits administrator, McGriff, requesting proof documentation of:
- The Life Event: Your spouse will be sent a Certification of Creditable Coverage which will state the date the benefits coverage terminated.
- Some employers offer free COBRA as part of a severance package. If your spouse elects COBRA then you will NOT be elgibile to enroll in Marvell's plan when that free period ends.
- The Dependent's Relationship to You: Marvell requires you provide supporting proof documentation for all dependents enrolled in your medical, dental, and vision plans. Review the Eligibility page for additional information.
What Are Acceptable Supporting Documents?
Please send the proof documentation to
Please visit the Eligibility page page for a list of acceptable documents.
Other Areas to Review/Update
- Retirement Planning: Now's the time to reevaluate your 401(k) contributions. Visit www.schwab.com/workplace and review your contribution percentage. Want retirement advice from an expert? Once logged into your Schwab account, click on the Advice tab to access tools to help you determine how much to contribute to your account or schedule a call with a Retirement Advice Consultant for a personalized review of your account and recommendations to help you maximize your retirement goals.
- Life Insurance: When you update your benefits within 31 days of your spouses's job change, you will also have the opportunity to purchase Life and AD&D Insurance and Disability Insurance for your spouse through payroll deductions. We also recommend you obtain quotes from other insurance carriers to make sure you are choosing the right policy for you and your spouse.
- Estate Planning Documents: Protect your spouse and your assets by making sure your estate planning documents are in order. If you are enrolled in the Legal Plan, you can create estate planning documents or update your existing documents for free (notary fee not included).