THERE ARE CHANGES IN MY PERSONAL LIFE
Marvell understands that life takes unexpected twists and turns. Review the information available to keep you on track and find out what resources are available for you and your family.
For additional information on updating your benefits due to a life change, please visit the Update Your Benefits page on this website.
Updating Your Marvell Benefits
Whether you are enrolling your spouse in Marvell’s benefit plans or removing yourself from Marvell’s plans to enroll in your spouse’s employer benefits, you have 31 days from the date of the marriage to make all changes. Go to the Enrollment Portal, click on Change My Benefits > Life Events and follow the steps outlined. After you submit the request to update your benefits, you will receive an email from Marvell's benefits administrator, McGriff, within 1 – 2 days requesting proof documentation of the life event.
What Are Acceptable Supporting Documents to Enroll My Spouse?
You can send official documentation to
Note: If you are enrolling your spouse's child(ren) to your Marvell benefits, you will be required to provide proof documentation for the child. Learn more here.
Other Areas to Update
- Marital Status: You can follow these steps to update your marital status as well as your emergency contact within Workday. Any changes made to Wokday will sync with the Benefits Enrollment Portal within 3 days.
- Tax Withholdings: If you would like to change the number of allowances on your W2 please email
- Beneficiaries: You’ll have the option to update your beneficiaries for Life and AD&D Insurance when you update your benefits. Make sure to also update your 401(k) beneficiaries at www.schwab.com/workplace.
- Last Name in Marvell's Records: If you legally changed your last name, please create a case using the HR Service Center after receiving proof documentation of the name change. The HR Service Center will give you instructions on the type of proof documentation accepted and how to initiate the name change in Marvell's records. As a reminder, never send a document that contains your Social Security Number (SSN) over email.
Don't forget to plan for you and your spouse's financial future! Make sure to check these items off your financial to-do list:
- Retirement Planning: Now's the time to reevaluate your 401(k) contributions. Visit www.schwab.com/workplace and review your contribution percentage. Want retirement advice from an expert? Once logged into your Schwab account, click on the Advice tab to access tools to help you determine how much to contribute to your account or schedule a call with a Retirement Advice Consultant for a personalized review of your account and recommendations to help you maximize your retirement goals.
- Life Insurance: When you update your benefits within 31 day of marriage, you will also have the opportunity to purchase Life and AD&D Insurance for your spouse through payroll deductions. We also recommend you obtain quotes from other insurance carriers to make sure you are choosing the right policy for you and your spouse.
- Estate Planning Documents: Protect your spouse and your assets by making sure your estate planning documents are in order. If you are enrolled in the Legal Plan, you can create estate planning documents or update your existing documents for free (notary fee not included).
Having/Adopting a Child
Adding Baby to Your Marvell Benefits
- Once baby is born go to the Benefits Enrollment Site, click on Change My Benefits > Life Events and follow the steps outlined to update your benefits.
- Your benefit changes will not be approved until you provide proof documentation of your baby's birth. Email the proof documentation (copy of birth record from hospital is sufficient) to Marvell's benefits administrator, McGriff, at
Paid Time Off When Baby Arrives
Time off to bond with a new born, adopted child, or child placed in your care is important, which is why Marvell provides up to 12 weeks of paid time off* to care for and bond with a new child. Create an HR ServiceNow ticket (Category: Benefits) at least 30 days in advance of your time off to schedule a meeting with the Leave of Absence Coordinator. During the meeting, the Leave of Absence Coordinator will provide you with an overview of the leave process, answer your questions, and provide you with a Marvell Baby Onesie. Post a photo of your Marvell Baby on the #marvell-brand Slack channel!
*Eligibility requirements for the 12 weeks of paid leave can be found in the Leave of Absence Guides and the U.S. Employee Handbook on ServiceNow.
- Maternity Leave At least three months prior to your due date, please create an HR ServiceNow ticket (Category: Benefits) to schedule a time to meet with the Leave of Absence Coordinator to talk about your time off options. After the disability portion of the leave, you are eligible for 12 weeks of paid time off to bond with baby within a 12-month period (before baby turns 1).
- Bonding Leave Create an HR ServiceNow ticket (Category: Benefits) at least one month prior to the baby's due date to meet with the Leave of Absence Coordinator and talk about time off options. The non-birthing parent is eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid time off to bond with baby within a 12-month period (before baby turns 1).
When it comes to your growing family, the more resources and guidance, the better! Marvell offers a wide variety of services that can benefit you and your growing family. Visit the Growing Families page for more information.
- Growing Family Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Adding Baby to Your Marvell Benefits
- How Much Will a Delivery Cost?
- Free Snoo Rental
- Mothers' Rooms
- Resources for Expectant and New Parents
- Baby Blues
- Dealing with Grief