As a Marvell intern, you’re eligible for a number of benefits that support your health and well-being.
Here are some important milestones to keep in mind:
- Benefits enrollment period: You have 31 days from the start of your internship to enroll in your medical, dental and vision plans.
- Benefits coverage period: Intern must be working 30 hours a week or more to be benefit elgibile. When leaving Marvell or you un-enroll in coverage due to a qualifying life event, your medical, dental, and vision benefits will continue until the end of the month.
Mental and Physical Health
Keep both your body and your brain in top condition.
Medical coverage is the cornerstone of your physical well-being. Depending on where you live, you have these medical plan options to choose from:
- Anthem Blue Cross PPO Exclusive (nationwide)
- Anthem Blue Cross PPO Preferred (nationwide)
- Anthem Blue Cross PPO HDHP (nationwide)
- Kaiser HMO (California) or Tufts HMO (Massachusetts)
Opting Out of Medical Benefits
If you choose not to enroll in a Marvell medical plan because you already have medical coverage, you can enroll to receive a monthly opt-out credit of $250 (taxable). You can still enroll in dental, vision and Marvell’s other benefit offerings.
Dental and Vision
You can choose between two Delta Dental plans: the Base Plan and the Buy-Up Plan. By paying more for the Buy-Up Plan, you get more coverage for major services, higher annual maximums per person, a $3,000 annual maximum for implants, and a higher lifetime maximum for orthodontics.
You can choose between two VSP vision plans: the Base Plan and the Buy-Up Plan. By paying more for the Buy-Up Plan, you get enhanced coverage to receive a second pair of glasses or an additional contact lens allowance during the same calendar year.
Mental and Physical Health
Along with physical well-being, mental well-being is a key component of your overall health and happiness. Our mental health platform, Lyra Health, ensures you always have the emotional support you need by connecting you to important resources like counseling, coaching and digital courses.
Engage Wellness App
Get extra support on your health journey. Engage is a wellness app that rewards you up to $100 in gift cards for taking care of your overall well-being. Plus, the two annual walking challenges can motivate you to keep moving while staying social.
As a Marvell intern, you and your eligible family members have an exclusive, no cost membership to 2nd.MD, an expert medical consultation and navigation service. 2nd.MD connects you with board-certified, elite specialists from top medical institutions for virtual medical consultations via phone or video from the comfort of home. Whether you’re faced with a new or existing diagnosis, upcoming surgery, or healthcare decision and want to learn more about your treatment options, 2nd.MD connects you with experts who can help.
Note: Marvell provides 2nd.MD for all employees (regardless of medical plan enrollment), spouses, children, parents, grandparents, and siblings.
Start your journey to living pain free with Sword, virtual physical care for back, joint and muscle pain that you can do from the comfort of home, or anywhere. Combining the best in human care with easy-to-use technology, Sword offers a proven and more convenient option than traditional in-person physical therapy.
Work and Life
Maintain a healthy work-life balance by taking time off to rest, relax and recharge.
- Paid Holidays: You’re eligible for all company-paid holidays that occur during your internship.
- Sick Time: If you’re a full-time intern, you have 10 sick days per calendar year at the time of your hire. This time can be used to tend to your or a family member’s illness, or to engage in preventive care for yourself or a family member.
- Recharge Weekends: You get to participate in our quarterly paid recharge weekends, which give you four days off to disconnect from work and recharge your batteries.
Save money now, so you can stash some away for your future.
- Fond Perks: Through Fond Perks, you can get instant access to discounts on hundreds of popular products and services.
- Other discounts: Need more discounts? Check out these!
- Commuter benefits: Eligible expenses include bus, lightrail, vanpool, public transportation and more! Learn more here.
Marvell employees have a free premium membership with Care.com. Find, book, and pay providers through Care.com's website, including babysitters and nannies, tutors and much more.
- Post a job detailing what your family needs - babysitters, nannies, tutoring, housekeeping, pet sitters, and more
- Set up interviews and access background check options
- Hire and pay through Care.com's new HomePay system
Activate your free membership at http://marvell.care.com/ using your Marvell email address.
Interns can participate in Volunteer Time Off Program and/or the Company Match Program can request company match dollars towards eligible charitable organizations.