Flexible Vacation (Exempt Employees)
Marvell is committed to ensuring that employees can enjoy a reasonable amount of time off for rest and relaxation, and the recognition that time away from work is essential to employee health, well-being, and productivity. Flexible Vacation is a non-accrued vacation policy for exempt employees. View the policy in the U.S. Employee Handbook here on HR ServiceNow.
Flexible Time Off (FTO; Non-Exempt Employees)
FTO is an accrued vacation program for non-exempt employees working 30 hours or more that provides time off for vacation or personal business.
- 0 - 4: Years of Service: 15 days/year accrual rate
- 5 - 9: Years of Service: 20 days/year accrual rate
- 10 - 19 Years of Service: 22 days/year accrual rate
- 20+ Years of Service: 24 days/year accrual rate
- Accrual limit: 320 hours
View your FTO balance on your paystub or through the Time Off module in Workday. View the policy in the U.S. Employee Handbook here on HR ServiceNow.
Floating Holidays (Non-Exempt Employees)
Non-exempt employees receive 3 Floating Holidays each year or on their date of hire:
- Floating Holidays do not rollover from year to year
- Please use Floating Holidays for one of the purposes outlined in the U.S. Employee Handbook, such as observing a religious, government, or school holiday, attending a graduation or wedding, etc.
Employees working at least 30 hours per week receive 10 days of time time per calendar year to use when you are sick, a family member is sick, or if you are taking time off for preventive care for yourself or a family member.
Marvell observes 11 paid holidays each calendar year. The holiday schedule changes from year to year so be sure to review this year’s holidays listed on HR ServiceNow.
2023 Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth Observed, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Winter Holidays.
Marvell's U.S. offices will be closed from Friday, December 22, 2023 through Monday, January 1, 2024. Work will resume on Tuesday, January 2, 2024. Please refer to HR ServiceNow for more information.
Jury Duty Leave
Receive regular salary or wages for the duration of a jury service. More information is available on the intranet on HR ServiceNow in the U.S. Employee Handbook (under the Leave of Absence section > search for Jury Duty).
Employees are eligible for paid time off to mourn the loss of a family member. Employees may take 20 days off as needed for the death of a spouse (or registered Domestic Partner) or for the death of a child or step-child. Employees may take 10 days of time off as needed for the death of an immediate family member or the immediate family member of their spouse (or registered Domestic Partner). More information is available on the intranet under the Time Off section of the U.S. Employee Handbook.
Leaves of Absences
When life happens, Marvell's Leave of Absence programs provides time away and payment so you can focus on the life events happening outside of work. Employees must be with Marvell for at least 6 months in order to be eligible for the paid leave programs.
- Maternity Leave – Time off for the birthing parent including the disability period and up to 12 weeks of paid bonding leave.
- Parental (Bonding) Leave – 12 weeks of paid time off to bond when a baby is born, adopted, or a child is placed in your care
- Family Care Leave – 12 weeks of paid time off to care for a seriously ill family member
- Medical Leave – Time off when you are seriously ill, including one week of paid leave from Marvell
- Military Leave – Time off with pay for those who serve, or time off for family members supporting a member of the armed forces
Learn more about Marvell's Leave of Absence Programs on HR ServiceNow.