Modern Health is a personal well-being platform that provides you with counseling, coaching and digital courses.
WHY MODERN HEALTH?
Marvell believes that you should be able to get the type of care you need for your personal well-being when you need it. Modern Health makes this easy by helping you proactively build mindfulness habits into your life through evidence-based cognitive behavioral treatments.
With Modern Health you have access to:
- 6 private coaching sessions through in-app video calls
- 6 therapy sessions in person or virtual
- Unlimited texting with your selected coaches
- Digital library of programs and guided meditations 24/7
Who Can Use Modern Health?
WHO CAN USE MODERN HEALTH
Modern Health is for employees, spouses/domestic partners and children ages 6 and up.
To invite a dependent to use Modern Health, first sign into your Modern Health account via the mobile app and click on “Information” > “Invite Dependents” > provide your dependent’s contact information > a registration email will be sent to your dependent.
What's the Difference: Counseling vs. Coaching?
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
Modern Health’s belief is that anyone can benefit from working with a coach, and some people need therapy in addition to or instead of coaching. The primary difference between coaching and therapy is that therapy is conducted by licensed mental health professionals who are trained to treat clinical difficulties (e.g., depression, anxiety), whereas coaches work on non-clinical issues (e.g., personal growth, financial well-being, and professional development).
Coaches are professionals trained to help you make progress on your goals, both personal and professional. They can support lower-level mental well-being needs like stress and anxiety, and are also experienced in working on topics that therapists might not be - like leadership, career changes, etc. Your coach’s job is to help you organize your thoughts, emotions, and goals and break things down into smaller steps that create forward movement and growth. Learn more about coaching with Modern Health's Your Guide to Coaching info sheet.
Therapists are licensed clinicians providing mental health treatment. Therapy is appropriate if there is a clinical concern, as defined by the duration of symptoms (e.g., most of the time for two weeks) and their severity (e.g., interfering with someone’s ability to function in an important area of life). Those with a clinical need essentially experience symptoms (e.g., depression, anxiety) that are strong, last a long time, and impact the ability to function. Learn more about coaching with Modern Health's Your Guide to Therapy info sheet.
For more questions on coaching versus therapy, review the Care section of the Modern Health FAQ.
Structured Coaching Programs
Designed to help employees navigate work transitions and more toward personal goals, Structured Coaching Programs are coach-led programs that blend tailored one-on-one sessions with skill-building exercises. These programs span for 13 weeks and include 1:1 sessions with a personal coach, assignments, self-reflection, and self-assessments.
Modern Health is offering three topics for their Structured Coaching Programs:
- New Manager Training: Designed to help new managers develop skills in communication, conflict resolution, team productivity, empathy, and more. Learn more about this program here.
- Managing Remote Teams: Designed to help managers develop skills to identify obstacles in managing remote teams and strategies to counteract them. Learn more about this program here.
- From Burnout to Resilience: Designed to help all employees identify the root causes behind their burnout and develop sustainable strategies around self-care and work habits. Learn more about this program here.
How it Works:
- Sign-up for the Structured Coaching Program by completing Modern Health’s interest form by November 15, 2021.
- Once the program begins, you will meet 1:1 with your coach every other week, for 13 weeks, totaling 6 personalized coaching sessions.
- Between sessions, you will complete self-guided exercises which will be assigned to you by your coach.
Courses are provider-led programs designed to help employees navigate a specific topic through video content, meditations & programs, and even practice assignments.
- Managing Stress: This course teaches eight essential skills for understanding stress, responding in healthy ways, and forming new habits to live life to the fullest.
Learn more about Courses by logging in to the Modern Health portal.
Upcoming Circles Sessions
Coping with Political Stress
Circles are live community sessions led by Modern Health therapists and coaches, designed to help you proactively improve your mental health.
Circles topics include: