Modern Health is a personal well-being platform that provides you with counseling, coaching and digital courses.
WHY MODERN HEALTH?
Marvell believes that you should be able to get the type of care you need for your personal well-being when you need it. Modern Health makes this easy by helping you proactively build mindfulness habits into your life through evidence-based cognitive behavioral treatments.
With Modern Health you have access to:
- 6 private coaching sessions through in-app video calls
- 6 therapy sessions in person or virtual
- Unlimited texting with your selected coaches
- Digital library of programs and guided meditations 24/7
Who Can Use Modern Health?
WHO CAN USE MODERN HEALTH
Modern Health is for employees, spouses/domestic partners and children ages 6 and up.
To invite a dependent to use Modern Health, first sign into your Modern Health account via the mobile app and click on “Information” > “Invite Dependents” > provide your dependent’s contact information > a registration email will be sent to your dependent.
What's the Difference: Counseling vs. Coaching?
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
Modern Health’s belief is that anyone can benefit from working with a coach, and some people need therapy in addition to or instead of coaching. The primary difference between coaching and therapy is that therapy is conducted by licensed mental health professionals who are trained to treat clinical difficulties (e.g., depression, anxiety), whereas coaches work on non-clinical issues (e.g., personal growth, financial well-being, and professional development).
Coaches are professionals trained to help you make progress on your goals, both personal and professional. They can support lower-level mental well-being needs like stress and anxiety, and are also experienced in working on topics that therapists might not be - like leadership, career changes, etc. Your coach’s job is to help you organize your thoughts, emotions, and goals and break things down into smaller steps that create forward movement and growth. Learn more about coaching with Modern Health's Your Guide to Coaching info sheet.
Therapists are licensed clinicians providing mental health treatment. Therapy is appropriate if there is a clinical concern, as defined by the duration of symptoms (e.g., most of the time for two weeks) and their severity (e.g., interfering with someone’s ability to function in an important area of life). Those with a clinical need essentially experience symptoms (e.g., depression, anxiety) that are strong, last a long time, and impact the ability to function. Learn more about coaching with Modern Health's Your Guide to Therapy info sheet.
For more questions on coaching versus therapy, review the Care section of the Modern Health FAQ.
Monthly Spotlight: Coping with Political Uncertainty, Kick-Start 2021
Coping with Political Stress
For those who may be feeling anxious or disturbed by last week's events at the U.S. Capitol, we will be hosting a series of coping sessions to provide safe spaces for attendees to ask questions, get support, and learn how to navigate the stress that comes with political uncertainty. Sign up for as many sessions as you’d like at: https://circles.modernhealth.com/series/political-anxiety.
- Mon 1/11: 3 pm PT, 6 pm ET
- Wed 1/13: 10 am PT, 1 pm ET
- Navigating Stressful Situations
- Use the Modern Health app to complete a meditation, such as Deep Breathing, Peaceful Sanctuary, One of Many
Kick-Start 2021 with Your Self Care in Mind
It's time for new beginnings. As we head into 2021, let’s take a moment to reflect on what we need for ourselves. Whether you’re looking to set goals and habits for the year, or just need a little extra support right now, here are some resources for you.
- Reset for 2021 - New Circles Series. We're hosting a series of live, therapist and coach-led Circles that are designed to help us all learn how to reset for 2021, set goals and intentions, and make sure we are taking care of ourselves this year.
- Work with a Certified Coach. Don't go it alone! Through Modern Health, you have access to complimentary 1:1 video sessions with coaches, who give you actionable tools for goals related to healthy lifestyles, relationships, work, finances, and more. Schedule a session to start working on what's most important to you.
- Healthy Ways to Form Habits & Goals. For many, January is a common time to set resolutions or start new habits. Here are some tips on how to set attainable goals and build habits into your routines that feel natural and authentic to you.
- Set Authentic Intentions. Don’t set goals based on what you think you “should be” working towards. Too often this leaves people feeling unfulfilled about where they’re headed.
- Shift Your Mindset. When you approach your goals, shift your thinking from an "all-or-nothing achievement focus" to a "behavior focus” on habits and growth.
- Set Simple Triggers. Create triggers that make starting a habit easy. For example, if you want to exercise in the mornings, set your exercise mat out the night before or sleep in your workout clothes.