RESOURCES FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
With the recently passed American Rescue Plan, employers may allow employees participating in the Day Care FSA program to increase their contributions for the 2021 calendar year. Marvell will be providing employees with additional information within coming weeks.
Looking to book your vaccine appointment, get tested for COVID-19, or find other COVID-19 information? Marvell’s well-being app, Engage, provides a COVID-19 resource center as a go-to for all things COVID. Login to your Engage account via SSO (new user instructions here).
Marvell U.S. Vaccine Updates:
Marvell is continuing to monitor federal and local guidance regarding vaccinations. Where possible, Marvell hopes to hold onsite vaccination clinics, but we need to continue to wait for additional information regarding availability.
General Vaccine Information:
As you may have heard in the news, the United States government is offering the COVID-19 vaccine at no cost, although vaccination providers can charge an administration fee. Your eligibility to receive the vaccine may be based on your age and risk factors, and eligibility is currently controlled by each state and county. Please check your county’s COVID-19 information center for the latest information; find your local health department information via the search tool on the CDC website.
Once your age/risk group is eligible to receive the vaccine in your area, you will be able to go to any hospital or injection location, regardless of whether it’s in- or out-of-network with your insurance plan. If you are required to pay an administration fee for your vaccine, please submit the claim for reimbursement by your health plan.
Learn more about the vaccine and information regarding safety on the CDC website.
Information by Health Plan:
Check back as we update this section with information from our medical carriers on a weekly basis.
- https://www.mvphealthcare.com/members/health-and-wellness/understanding-coronavirus-covid-19 (scroll down to the Vaccines section)
- https://tuftshealthplan.com/covid-19/member/lastest-updates (scroll down to the Vaccination drop down)
If you are working in a different state or country than your designated work location in Workday, your health plans, insurance and other benefits may not apply. It is very important that you notify HR as soon as possible if you have been working in a different state or country than what is reflected in Workday (open a ServiceNow ticket).
For U.S. employees working in a different state than designated in Workday:
You may be eligible to change your health plan within 31 days of moving to a different state, but only if your current health plan does not offer coverage in the state you are currently residing.
For U.S. employees working outside of the country:
Your primary address in Workday must remain your permanent home address in the U.S. If you change your address in Workday to a non-U.S. address, you will be dropped from Marvell’s benefit plans.
- All Marvell medical plans cover urgent/emergency services while abroad, but non-urgent/emergency services will not be covered, including routine annual exams, non-urgent lab services, immunizations, etc.
- The Anthem Preferred, Anthem HDHP, and MVP Plan provide limited out-of-network coverage for non-urgent/emergency services abroad (under most circumstances).
- For more information about medical coverage outside of the U.S., please visit the Travel page at marvellbenefits.com.
- Both Delta Dental Base and Buy-Up and VSP Base and Buy-Up Plans have limited out-of-network coverage.
- A Life or AD&D claim may be denied if you are residing outside the U.S. Please open a ServiceNow ticket under the Benefits category for additional information.
Please open a ServiceNow ticket under the Benefits category with any questions relating to benefits coverage outside the U.S.
Changes to the 2021 FSA Plans due to the American Rescue Plan (spring 2021):
Employers may allow employees participating in the Day Care FSA program to increase their contributions for the 2021 calendar year. Marvell will be providing employees with additional information within coming weeks.
- PPE, including face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer, is now Health Care FSA-eligible.
Change to the 2020 FSA Plans due to The Consolidated Appropriations Act in December 2020:
- The stimulus bill contained provisions for FSA participants who have unused Health Care or Day Care balances.
- In response, Marvell will waive the “Use it or Lose it” rule for the 2020 FSA plans and apply a full carry over of balances remaining to 2021 for active employees.
- Unused funds for Marvell participants with a 2020 Health Care, Limited Health Care, and Day Care FSA accounts have been automatically carried over to 2021.
- NOTE: The deadline to submit claims incurred in 2020 has not changed. If you incurred claims in 2020 and intend to use your 2020 FSA funds, then you must submit receipts by March 31, 2021. Funds remaining as of April 1, 2021 will be eligible for claims incurred in 2021.
- Login to your Navia account via SSO to review your account balance and submit receipts for reimbursement.
Permanent changes to the list of qualified medical expenses due to the CARE Act in spring 2020:
- Over the Counter (OTC) medicine may be paid for on a tax-free basis by an HSA or Health Care FSA Plan. This change eliminated the provision that required a prescription for OTC medication (except insulin) to be covered on a tax-free basis. Examples of OTC medication are cold medications, antihistamines, antacids, anti-inflammatories, and other health-related items.
- Menstrual care products are now considered qualifying medical expenses that can be paid for on a tax-free basis by an HSA or Health Care FSA. Menstrual care products include tampons, pads, liners, cups, sponges, and similar products used by individual with respect to menstruation.
Testing Costs: COVID-19 testing is covered for FREE on all Marvell medical plans. The free testing includes the test and visits associated with testing.
Treatment Costs for COVID-19:
- Anthem Blue Cross will cover the treatment in full until the end of the pandemic. The coverage will include treatment both in-patient and out-patient services, respiratory services, durable medical equipment, skilled care needs and FDA approved drugs when they become available. The waiver of cost shares will be for in-network providers only. Visit the Anthem COVID-19 resource center.
- Kaiser's policy to waive member out-of-pocket costs for treatment related to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis expired on July 31, 2021. Any positive COVID-19 hospital admission on or before July 31, 2021, will have a $0 cost share regardless of the date of discharge. Standard cost sharing, according to the member’s plan, will apply for positive COVID-19 admissions beginning on or after August 1, 2021. The coverage will include but not limited to Hospitalization, Office Visits, Telemedicine, ER, Urgent Care, Pharmacy and Transportation costs. Learn about COVID care options through Kaiser here and the latest information on facility closures/adjusted hours/considerations here.
- Tufts is waiving member cost shares, including co-payments, coinsurance, and deductibles for medically necessary Coronavirus treatment through the end of the pandemic. This coverage applies at in-network providers, urgent care centers, emergency rooms, and other facilities, and at out-of-network providers, in the event, a member cannot easily find an in-network provider to provide timely services. Latest udpates from Tufts can be found here.
- MVP is covered the cost of treatment associated with COVID-19 cases until December 31, 2020; as of January 1, 2021 treatment for COVID requires normal member cost share. Latest updates from MVP can be found here.
Medical Assistance is offered by 2nd.MD at no cost to you and your loved ones. If you need an advocate to assist you in navigating the healthcare system, 2nd.MD is here to help!
|COVID-19 Screening Test||COVID-19 Treatment||Virtual Care
with your PCP, Specialists, etc
|Health Plan Links|
|Anthem Exclusive||$0 copay; No Coinsurance||$0 copay; No Coinsurance||$0 copay; No Coinsurance for in-network||
Anthem Blue Cross Updates
|Anthem Preferred||$0 copay; No Coinsurance||$0 copay; No Coinsurance||$0 copay; No Coinsurance for in-network|
|Anthem HDHP||No Coinsurance||$0 copay; No Coinsurance||$0 copay; No Coinsurance for in-network|
|Kaiser HMO||$0 copay||Normal cost share applies||$0 copay||Kaiser HMO Updates|
|MVP||$0 copay; No Coinsurance||Normal cost share applies||Office Visit Copay applies||MVP Updates|
|Tufts HMO||$0 copay; No Coinsurance||$0 copay; No Coinsurance||Office Visit Copay applies||Tufts HMO Updates|
We recommend members use telehealth when possible to help prevent the spread of infection and improve access to care. Access 24/7 adult and pediatric urgent and non-emergency care, including for concerns of COVID-19. Telemedicine Doctors can also treat and prescribe for many medical and behavioral health conditions: cold & flu symptoms, sinus problems, respiratory infection, allergies, sore throat, skin problems, mental health, stress & anxiety, depression, etc.
Note - virtual visits with doctors outside of a health plan's telemedicine vendor may have a cost share; please see the Virtual Care column in the above chart under "COVID: Marvell Medical Benefits Coverage" for details.
|Anthem: Exclusive, Preferred & HDHP||Kaiser HMO||MVP||Tufts HMO|
Engage (COVID-19 concerns/symptoms)
|Video Visits KP.org||
Gia: 1-877-GoAskGia (462-7544)
Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem members can get a 30-day emergency refill for most prescription medications.
- Kaiser recommends members go kp.org/rxrefill and select the mail order option to receive your medications in a few business days. For urgent prescriptions, you should visit your closest Kaiser Permanente pharmacy.
- MVP recommends members move their maintenance medications to mail order with CVS Caremark.
- Members are allowed early refills of their prescriptions prior to the expiration date so that they will have a supply of their medications should they need it.
- Tufts will waive the one-time refill quantity limitation for maintenance medications to permit up to a 90-day supply. If a member has multiple maintenance medications, each drug quantity refill will be allowed to be waived just once.
- Early refills will not be permitted for controlled substance drugs.
In addition to the annual 10 days of Sick Time full-time employees receive annually, Marvell added 10 days of Pandemic Leave for use if you are unable to work because you or a family member living with you or near you for whom you provide care becomes sick with COVID-19. Employees may be eligible for additional time off related to the pandemic based on local and state requirements. Please check ServiceNow for the latest COVID updates from the company.
To encourage Marvell employees to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle through physical fitness during the COVID-19 pandemic, Marvell is providing all employees worldwide a reimbursement for on-line fitness memberships. Review the full policy on the HR Services website.
Marvell has dedicated funds to be used in matching employees’ donations to organizations devoted to addressing local needs of those disproportionately affected as a result of COVID-19 in the communities around the world in which our employees work and live, as well as to organizations whose mission it is to fight racism and discrimination in our communities. Review the full policy on the HR Services website.
To assist employees with essential items needed to be effective in performing their jobs from home during the COVID-19 pandemic, Marvell is offering a limited time reimbursement. View the full policy on ServiceNow.