LEGAL MATTERS & SERVICES
Legal matters can be tough, and having a legal challenge can be one of the more important events in your life. Marvell offers legal benefits through LegalEase and RocketLawyer to support you through life’s legal challenges.
Legal Ease - Group Legal Plan
Enroll in Marvell’s group legal plan through LegalEase and receive legal services for many types of common legal matters you may encounter. To find a complete list of coverage, visit LegalEase online.
You must enroll for the legal plan as a new hire or during Open Enrollment for the following calendar year.
The Group LegalGUARD Plan available to Marvell employees is provided by LegalEase. The legal plan offers paid legal fees on many types of common legal matters you may encounter, including:
- Family and Divorce
- Estate Planning/Documents
- Traffic and Misdemeanor Law
- Residential/Real Estate
- Civil Litigation/Lawsuits
- Elder Law
New plan features, effective January 1, 2022.
- 10 Hours Paid in Full of Miscellaneous Law Office Services - This benefit provides coverage for any non-excluded legal matter not superficially written into the policy. This benefit acts as a "catch-all", and any remaining hours would be covered under the already standing benefit of 25% discount off the attorney's rate.
- Elder Law, including in and out of network coverage for Simple and Living Wills.
- Prenuptial Agreements are now paid in full and have out-of-network benefits available.
- Traffic Tickets are now paid in full and have out-of-network benefits available.
- Identity Theft Defense has been added as a paid-in-full benefit with out-of-network benefits available.
The LegalGUARD plan also includes Financial Counseling and Financial Planning benefits.
More than 17,000 attorneys are available nationwide to assist you and your eligible dependents with your legal matter. Most legal services are paid in full and limited benefits are extended to your and your spouse’s parents (e.g., free simple will and living will, free initial consultations and free ID theft restoration services). Please note that court filing fees, notary fees, and other attorney-specific perks outside the normal scope of the legal matter (e.g. USB drive with prepared legal documents, etc.) may not be covered under your LegalEASE benefit.
Santa Clara Employees: View a list of estate planning attorneys available through LegalGuard here.
To use the plan or learn more about your benefits, simply call LegalEASE at (888) 416-4313 (press 1 at anytime to speak to a representative) during the hours of 7:00 am to 7:30 pm CDT. You can also go online for more information.
Marvell is piloting Rocket Lawyer for 2022! This benefit is available to all US employees regardless of their enrollment in Marvell’s group Legal Plan with LegalEase.
With Rocket Lawyer, you’ll have access to the following services:
- Legal Documents Library: create and sign hundreds of legal documents such as wills leases, and childcare authorization forms.
- Attorney Q&A: submit a question and get reliable legal advice within one business day
- Attorney Phone Consultations: schedule a free, 30-minute phone call with a Rocket Lawyer attorney specializing in your issue
- Attorney Discounts: save up to 40% on lawyers in your area
Full Plan details can be found here!
To Take advantage of your new, free legal benefit, follow these steps:
- Go to go.rocketlawyer.com/marvell
- Enter your work email address
- You’ll receive an email from Rocket Lawyer; click the “Activate Account” button
- Fill out the form and you’re set!