PLANNING A TRIP?
Whether you are traveling on company business or for personal reasons we hope you have a safe trip! Please make sure to review the information below before your trip to make sure you are prepared in the event of an emergency.
Do you need a Schengen Visa for your vacation travels? Submit a case online with the HR Service Center and allow for up to 3 business days turnaround for employment verification letters. Please contact your medical insurance provider directly for a certification of international coverage.
Travel Vaccines: Most vaccines recommend for international travel are part of the Free Preventive Care provided by your in-network doctor. Prior to your trip, review the vaccines recommended for your country of travel on the CDC Website and talk to your doctor about any additional vaccines you may need. Note that travel clinics are typically out-of-network and charge full cost for vaccines.
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Employees are automatically enrolled in BTA coverage which provides emergency services and financial benefits for losses or injuries incurred while traveling on company business. For more information and policy documents, visit the Business Travel Page on HR Service Center.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage up to 10x’s your annual salary (maximum of $1 million)
- Before you travel, program the membership ID card and phone numbers for the BTA program into your cell phone for easy access
- While traveling, BTA provides help locating health care providers, location of lost items, and immediate care or services in the event of an emergency
Travel Services Offered Through Canada Life
Through your group benefits plan and its arrangement with a travel assistance provider, you have protection in a medical emergency anywhere in the world. You also have protection in Canada if your trip is more than 500 km from home.
More ways to benefit from Travel Assistance
- Medical Advisors
- Courtesy assistance
- Admission advance assistance
- Assisting unattended children
- Return of vehicle
- Transportation reimbursement
- Medical evacuation
- Family member travel assistance
- Travelling companion expenses
- Transportation of remains
Learn more about Travel Assistance through Canada Life here.
Have a serious medical emergency? If you experience a medical emergency while outside Canada or 500 km away from home, call:
- Canada or U.S.: 1-855-222-4051
- Cuba: 1-204-946-2946
- All other countries: 1-204-946-2577